Do you need help with LemonTree? Visit our LemonTree Help-Site.
WHY THE NAME “LEMONTREE”?
When we at LieberLieber set out to solve the ever-growing problem of complexity involved with the diffing and merging of various model versions, we knew we’d have to give it our all. The result is so refreshing we decided to call it LemonTree – the perfect symbol of that relaxed tropical lifestyle we all dream of. The tree and its branches represent the various model versions created by the development team, from which the best versions are selected and subsequently merged. It’s so simple. Now, developers can finally look forward to handling this previously laborious task with the innovative briskness of LemonTree.
WHY SHOULD I USE LEMONTREE WHEN ENTERPRISE ARCHITECT ALSO HAS WAYS TO HANDLE VERSIONING?
- In Enterprise Architect, before working with versioning, the model must be locked on the package level before it can be edited. LemonTree is more flexible and offers other ways to handle the targeted merging of changes. Using the approach of “optimistic versioning”, LemonTree allows parallel editing of models by a team of developers, which are then subsequent merged. All changes are presented to the user in an intuitive, easy-to-understand fashion, whereby the user can decide which changes are relevant for display.
- The LemonTree impact analysis shows changes in elements and their dependencies in advance in order to clearly see the relationships in the model. Before the automatic merging of the versions can be started, the user is presented with a preview of how the model will look after the merging process.
- LemonTree includes a native option to integrate with version-control systems (VCS) such as SVN, Git or MKS/PTC, which is also why all of the features offered by popular clients (e.g. Tortoise) can be used for the models. (You can experience these features for yourself using SVN with the test version.)
- Last, but not least, comparing versions is much faster in LemonTree than in Enterprise Architect.
WHO NEEDS LEMONTREE?
- LemonTree is for companies that work on development projects with Enterprise Architect in distributed teams.
- With LemonTree, any team member can see right away who has edited an element in a model, and when changes were made.
- LemonTree enables the development of multiple parallel branches of a systems in order to target and merge individual model features.
- LemonTree makes it easier to work with safety standards.
- LemonTree allows models to have the same lifecycle as other artifacts (e.g. software) which can now be stored and versioned parallel to the source code.
WHAT ARE THE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS?
- 64bit Windows 7, 8 oder 10
- VC2010 SP1 x64 + VC2012.4 x64 – can be supplied in the setup
- Min. 8GB RAM, though we suggest 16GB if merging larger models
- TortoiseSVN 1.8 or higher is required for SVN integration
- TortoiseGit 2.0 or higher is required for Git Integration
- More information for integration with other clients: https://help.lieberlieber.com/display/LT/VCS+Integration
CAN ALL MODELS CREATED WITH ENTERPRISE ARCHITECT BE COMPARED TO ONE ANOTHER?
- All UML models can be compared (class diagrams, state machines, activity diagrams)
- Furhermore, many model features in Enterprise Architect can be compared (e.g. requirements, stereotypes, etc.)
- As an additional service, LemonTree can be extended to handle any of the 100 languages supported by Enterprise Architect.
CAN I ALSO MERGE DIAGRAMS USING LEMONTREE?
Changes to diagrams and their diagram objects can also be ‘diffed and merged’. The changes to the layout of the individual elements are therefore also taken into consideration. Of course, it is possible that imperfectly-arranged models result when the same diagram is edited by more than one developer.
The changes to the diagram are shown in LemonTree in the integrated SVG Viewer to allow interactive work with the diagram.
INTO WHICH VERSIONING SYSTEMS (VCS) CAN LEMONTREE BE INTEGRATED?
- Basically, LemonTree can be built into all popular versioning systems.
- LemonTree can be seamlessly integrated into a versioning system like an external diff/merge program, a service which LieberLieber is happy to handle for you.
- LemonTree can also be automated, whereby LemonTree is called with parameters and returns to the VCS what has been changed. In this case, Lemontree receives the model versions from the VCS, and in case of a conflict the model changes can be seen in LemonTree.
CAN I ALSO DIFF/MERGE MODELS STORED BY ENTERPRISE ARCHITECT IN DIFFERENT DATABASE SYSTEMS?
- The standard version of LemonTree works with EAP files.
- As an additional service and already implemented for numerous customers, LieberLieber offers extensions to SQL Server, Oracle, etc. LemonTree can then also run on the server with access via a web browser. The GUI in the browser is identical to the desktop version. Contact us today to get more information.
HOW CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION ON LEMONTREE?
You can find whitepapers and videos here: RESOURCES & TUTORIALS
DO YOU PROVIDE A TRIAL VERSION?
- Request a test version. We’re happy to send you one.
- Feel free to schedule a web demo with us (via WebEx) so you can learn more about LemonTree.
- You can also book an on-site training workshop covering model versioning, team-based modeling and similar topics, even using your own use case as a basis to get you off to a great start. Please inquire about pricing.
WHAT ELSE DOES LIEBERLIEBER DO?
LieberLieber Software was founded in 1996 and, as a software engineering company, has its focus in model-based software and process engineering. LieberLieber has developed powerful extensions for Enterprise Architect, the world’s premiere UML/SysML modeling tool by Sparx Systems. LieberLieber also develops model-based solutions for numerous areas of application (industrial, financial and other), producing reliable solutions based on the most modern of technologis like UML/SysML, model simulation, DSL, MDE for software systems (including embedded systems). LieberLieber Software GmbH has its global headquarters in Vienna, Austria. LieberLieber Software Corp serves North America from Houston, Texas.
Get more information at www.lieberlieber.com